The Benefits of Garage Door Servicing & Maintenance
As a cornerstone of security, convenience and beauty of your home, garage doors need a little TLC to keep them performing well and looking great. Regular maintenance and servicing are the key to restoring the quality of your garage door and avoiding any problems down the line.
Is garage door servicing worth it?
The sure answer is, yes! Looking after a valuable element of your property will always be advantageous for its longevity, quality and performance. The benefits of garage and maintenance include:
- Cost-Effective: Ensuring that simple and regular maintenance tasks are carried out on your door a few times a year is much cheaper than needing to replace an entire garage door, should faults be neglected. A bi-annual servicing by a professional is recommended, along with regular visual checks performed by you, the owner, on a regular basis.
- Enhances the Safety of Your Family and Vehicle: Garage doors are heavy machines with lots of mechanical components keeping them operational. Should a door malfunction at the wrong moment, it has the potential to injure nearby people and animals, as well as your vehicle. Regular maintenance and checks can reduce the likelihood of malfunctions occurring.
- Protects the Security of Your Property: The main function of garage doors is to act as a strong, reliable barrier between the contents of your garage and potential thieves. That’s why you should try not to allow weak spots and potential entry points to go unnoticed, and make sure you catch problems early to avoid break-in risks.
- Avoids DIY and Amateur Mistakes: There is no harm in performing occasional visual checks of your garage door to try and spot issues, but correction of real issues should always be undertaken by a professional – even the most technically-adept DIY enthusiast may worsen the problem, or risk injury to themselves, in an attempt to fix the door.
Warning signs that your garage door may need servicing
Is your garage door making a bizarre sound? Perhaps it is a little stiffer, looser or slower than normal? While these signs could see minor, they should never be ignored as they may be signs of garage door deterioration or damage, which could eventually transform into an unsafe situation. Surefire signs that you may need the assistance of a garage door specialist include:
- Unusual noises
- Door closes too quickly or too slowly
- Door will not close completely
- Door will not stay open
- The outside has cracks or gaps in door
Not matter whether you’re looking for garage doors in Essex or Edinburgh you’ll want to contact a reliable company like Doormatic Garage Doors who can inform you of what’s involved in a garage door service, and how they can help diagnose, maintain and repair your garage door.